Tuesday, January 29, 2013

12-13 weeks

We had our 12 week NT ultrasound on 1/23/13. We haven't heard the official results of the testing yet but it appeared that everything looked great. We didn't get great print out pictures but we loved seeing our little nugget up on the big screen. The baby's profile looks just like mommy's, wonder if it will stay that way? At the beginning of the ultrasound his/her little arm was waving at us to say hi. The HR was at a strong 154 and the baby actually measured closer to 13 weeks instead of 12...this has been second guessing my due date. It may actually be the end of July as originally thought. I will see what Dr. Deprez' opinion is on that.

I am still feeling fairly well. My SI joint has been behaving since I've been making efforts not to overdo it. I am trying to be proactive and made an appointment for OMT (Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment). This was recommended to me during my pregnancy with Maddie but I decided to do PT instead. This time around I'm just not sure I can make the time commitment that PT requires, my home time with Maddie is just too precious. I am hoping to at least be able to do the same exercises I did last time at home because they did help....now if I could just find that piece of paper.

The biggest change in the last 2 weeks is that seemingly overnight my belly started to pop and now I look and feel more pregnant. I woke up in the morning when I was exactly 13 weeks and all of the sudden there is a round belly. I cannot get over how much sooner this is happening the second time around! I think I am going to have to break out the maternity clothes because my regular pants are bordering on uncomfortable. Needless to say I have been wearing a lot of dresses the last week or so. Along with the growing belly I am having a noticeable increase in trips to the bathroom. I am also having more round ligament pains, especially when I stand up from the sitting position. Ouch!

The other night Paul and I were talking about my belly. Maddie asked what we were talking about so I told her "the baby growing in my belly." She got a very concerned look on her face and asked "does it hurt you, mama?" Her genuine concern was so adorable. I assured her the baby wasn't hurting me and asked if she wanted to give the baby a kiss in a belly. She did and it was a moment to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment