Tuesday, May 21, 2013

29 Weeks

I had my 28 week check up with Dr. Deprez on 5/14/2013. The weeks leading up to this appointment were a bit stressful and I didn't feel I was getting enough rest or sleep. Thankfully any worries that I had about this affecting myself or the baby were relieved. I only had gained 2 lbs since the last visit which I was pleased about. My BP was 116/70, urine test was perfect and the baby's heart rate sounded great. My fundus measured exactly 28 cm, right on target. I have 1 more monthly visit to go and then we start every 2 weeks X2 and then every week-that's hard to believe.

I am feeling more and more uncomfortable these days with my growing belly. I continue to feel so much larger than I did when pregnant with Maddie and other people seem to like to point this out too!  Occasional insomnia is starting to plague me which doesn't help my energy level through out the day. Some days I feel some of energy and great and other days not, I guess I should just be happy with those good days! Baby Ella still moves quite a bit day and night and apparently is getting much bigger because I can now feel her at the extremes of my uterus simultaneously...and she is strong!!

As far as Ella's room, operation install new closet is now complete. I have started going through boxes of baby stuff and making a list of things I need or need to replace. The clothes have been washed and put away and I'm trying to figure out what I will now need for my summer newborn-this is going to be very different! I think the paint color for the nursery has been decided, "Pink Innocence" by Benjamin Moore. The crib bedding set has been picked out and already purchased by Auntie Lindsay! Slowly but surely we are making progress, with each thing I'm able to check off my list my anxiety goes down a little bit more.

On a funny note, with my growing belly Maddie has started calling me her "chubby little Mama." We are pretty sure she doesn't know what chubby means but it's pretty hilarious that she came out with this in such a timely manner! One of the books we read is "My little cupcake" which I sing to the tune of "You are my Sunshine." In the book there is a part that says "my chubby little pumpkin" so we are assuming this is where she got it. "You are my mama, my mushy little sweet pea, my chubby little mama, please don't take my mama away." Good thing she is so darn cute!!


No comments:

Post a Comment